sábado, 8 de noviembre de 2008

GOODS AND BADS....

It has been pretty good here in Maui. There is a good swell around and it is pretty windy (very windy actually), yesterday thursday was a pretty good day for me. I could sail a lot and even though I got killed many time and had to swim a lot, it was worth it. So i had pretty high expectations for today as the forecast was also good. When i got to the beach it looked super windy, but very gusty and offshore. I went out and got killed, in half an hour i got only about four waves and crashed in three of them. In one of the crashes I landed on my gear and hurt my shin big time! so i came in and called it a day. You know how it works, when you expect a lot, it is never good for you and when you dont, it is sick...
ah! I forgot!!! yesterday I saw a shark, well, I did and a lot of other people too. The one I saw was not too big, but the other people said the one they saw was pretty big (and going towards Kai Katchadourian), maybe it was mum and baby??... pretty scary, but hey, they are always there, even when we dont see them....

these are just a couple of frames from a tiny video from today... just before I hurt like an idiot... we´ll see tomorrow,....