martes, 16 de febrero de 2010

I AM BACK!!!! LOTS TO UPDATE!!

First of all, I am very sorry for the lack of updates! I have been a bit busy on the water lately! (and off the water too, as it is Canarval and here in the Canaries, that is HUGE!) (thanks Dani Miquel for the pics!)

Starting from the beginning. Last week we some awesome (really, awesome!) surfing conditions in the south of the island. Ok, the surfing pictures from the south are not from me, but no worries, you get the picture!, after that, we also had some good days in the north (my picture is from the north.).




Now, we are in the middle of a storm and we have some big Westerly swell hitting the islands. the wind is going crazy too, but yesterday it was just perfect to sail in el Faro with starboardtack wind and good waves, which is not usual at all!! Dani has a lot more pictures I think, so when he puts them up, I will show them to you, but you can see how the waves where with these two pics.


Today, I searched pretty much the whole island looking for the right spot to sail, but it was a failed mission. In the north, like always, the wind was on and off (it is always really tricky over there), so then I went all the way back down to el Faro again. but today, the swell was a lot messier down there and the wind wasnt looking very good. So I aborted the mission and went back home.

And, in the middle of all this, it is the big Carnaval parties, and I have been "buzzing" around a bit.