lunes, 16 de junio de 2008

COMPETITION VIBES ARE ALREADY IN THE AIR.....

It is middle of June, and you can already feel it in the air. Everybody has arrived already to Pozo to train for the upcoming events and you just can feel the atmosphere has changed. it is really weird. As you know already I sail a lot more in Vargas than in Pozo, but the vibes get even there!! and when i have gone down to Pozo you can feel the stress in the air. It is really nice to see everyone at the beach and see all the friends from the Tour, and for me even more this year that i didnt go to Maui when everyone was there... but I dont like that feeling of stress that everyone gets. People is sailing like it's their last day on earth, and they dont really seem to be having fun but competing already. Dunno. Sometimes I don't really like it. And it is really weird and difficult from my position now. Everyone is sailing full power and there I am, sailing a bit like a kook still. The freestyle girls are sailing sik. Laure is already here and she is ripping, spinning around like crazy, super nice. Junko is freesrtyling super well too: Puñetas, sliders, etc...Japan power! and there is also a new Rusian girl that is sailing pretty well too. this is appart from the usual suspects of Daida, Iballa, Silvia Alba, etc.. and Sarah Quita hasnt arrived yet.. she must be awsome!!!! so far, i havent even jump on my freestyle board, not sure if I am ready to be twisting my foot around that much! so I still dont know what to do about Lanzarote... dont know if i should go or not... what do you think??????