domingo, 4 de octubre de 2009

IF YOU THINK IT COULDN'T GET ANY HARDER...

WOW!!!!!! yesterday.......

The forecast was scary enough to make me nervous all night. but still in the morning wasnt too hard core. it was just hard (lets call it like that). I did good in the double elimination and i finished 3rd for the event!!! pretty happy with that. but then the conditions got harder and harder, honestly... it got really hard core. but i thought i was already finished and warm, when the news came. i would need to sail again with Karin Jaggi as we were equal points for the for the third place overall ranking. I was scared... properly scared. it was gnarly. but hey, you have to bite it some times, and even if I was really scared, Laure and John and everyone were there supporting us. Men. and we did it. it was 3,3 mega powered up, i could not hold on to my sail. and it was BIG and SCARY. I made a mistake and i played safe then taking a bigger board to be able to get out of the shorebreak easily, but this meant I couldnt ride properly. in the last two minutes i came in and changed board, but then i was too down wind and my last wave was outside the competition area, so in the end I lost and finished fourth over all and Karin third.

But the hero of the day was with no doubt Klaas Voget!!!! he did no less than 9 heats!!! and in hard core sailing... you have to be here ton know how it was. more than respect! he finished second in the end.

so big congrats to all: Musso, Iballa, Karin, Klaas, Josh, Bruch (who did a good come back as well), Johnyboy and also Daida.