sábado, 15 de enero de 2011

FIRST DAY IN SA, GOD I FORGOT HOW COLD THE WATER WAS!!!

Ok, last time I was here in SA was when I broke my foot, and I made the promises to myself to never come back because I find the water soooo cold!! I know, all the guys from Europe will say: that I am a total pussy because it is not so cold and that is actually warm, but hey, to me, it is soooo bloody cold!!

Well, they say you should never break a promises, but as there was no wind at all at home for so long, I decided to come. God!!! When I stepped on the water, I remembered why I had promised that!!!! My feet got so cold it was painful! And every time I got washed, I got the ice head full powered that made me completely paralyzed!! Uffff... The conditions were pretty fun apart from that... But men, I struggle with the cold! Plus it is funny how you use total different muscles sailing. I thought I was fairly fit, surfing a lot back at home for the past five weeks, but they are totally different muscles, and after a few runs I felt so out of shape!! Oh well... I guess I will get use to the cold (a bit) and that this is why I am here, to get the sailing fitness back on...

By the way, we are super lucky to be staying with Roberto Ricci and his family, super nice from them, and man.... I think is the pimpest house I have ever lived in!!!! Right on the beach (yes, literally on the beach, if I through a stone out of my bed it will land on the water....) super nice...