domingo, 30 de octubre de 2011

FINALLY IN MAUI/HOOKIPA CONTEST POR FIN EN MAUI/CAMPEONATO EN HOOKIPA

Hello!!

Finally I made it to Maui after nearly 3 days travelling (counting a small stop in the UK). It is nice to be back.
As I set off travelling I knew there would be a contest going on at Hookipa and I decided to join even if I was arriving 1 day late for it.

So I arrive, went to sleep, woke up and went on the water, and my first waves were actually on the heats! I pass my first round and on the second round we had a “death heat”. I dont know what happened but on the heat was Junko Nagoshi, Anne Marie Reichmann, Tiffany Ward and myself… which was like as tough as you can get! I was a bit unlucky. I had one nice first wave and then some nice turns on others but just fucked up after it, so I didnt manage to put together a second wave connected all the way.. so I didnt make it into the final.
It is so annoying! Loosing sucks! I entered the competition thinking and saying to myself: just enter for the fun, your season is over, it is Maui and the locals will win for sure, you have nothing to loose and it will be good fun, no pressure, it doesn’t matter what result. Well…bullshit. When you are in a contest what you want is to win, or at least to make it to the finals, or what you have set as your goal. And the feeling of loosing is so horrible!! Even when you know it doesn’t matter! Even if you sail good… well actually, more if you sailed good! aaahhh… Honestly, I hate that feeling…

well, good job to all the girls in the final!!! go for it!

Well… take care everyone!


Hola!!!

Por fin llegué a Maui tras casi 3 días de viaje (con una pequeña parada en UK).
Al comenzar mi viaje me enteréde que iba a haber un campeonato en Hookipa, y decidí apuntarme aunque fuera a llegar un día tarde a la competi.

Así que llegué, me fuí a dormir, me desperte y directa al agua. Mis primeras olas fueron en mi manga! Pasé la primera ronda pero en la segunda nos tocó una manga super dura. No se que pasó con la eliminatoria que eramos Junko Nagoshi, Anne Marie Reichamann, Tiffany Ward y yo. Más difícil no se podia poner. Pero bueno… Tuve una ola buena la principio, y luego tuve un par de giros buenos en cada ola pero sin continuación, así que me faltó una segunda ola que conectara bien, así que no pasé a la final.
Que rabia da! Perder es un c*ñazo! Me apunté en la competi pensando y diciéndome a mí misma: hazlo para divertirte, tú ya has terminado tus competis, además es Maui y las locales ganan seguro, no tienes nada que perder y seguro que es divertido, sin presión, no importa el resultado. Bueno… ni de c*ña! Cuando te apuntas a un campeonato lo que quieres es ganar o por lo menos llegar a la final o a lo que te has propuesto como meta. Y el sentimiento cuando se pierde es horrible! Agr… incluso cuando sabes que no importa, es superior a ti. Incluso cuando has navegado bien, bueno, cuando has navegado bien encima es peor! De verdad, odio esa sensación!

enhorabuena a las chicas en la final!! a dar caña!!

Besos a todos!!!



foto by KP